Specific Interest Grants
There are a variety of funds at the DCF that provide a structured opportunity for eligible nonprofits whose missions align with specific interest areas to apply for grants. In 2022, these funds awarded a total of $91,400 to 15 nonprofit organizations statewide.
- $2,500 to Gamma Theta Lambda Educational Foundation, Inc.t o support Step Afrika.
- $2,500 to Christina Cultural Arts Center to support Literary Cafes.
- $2,500 to Wilmington Alliance to support the West Center City Lending Library.
- $2,500 Delaware Art Museum to support Family Sunday programming.
- $2,500 to Village Education Tutors Foundation to support arts programming and tutoring.
- $2,500 to Delaware Shakespeare Festival, Inc. to support a public speaking residency at Serviam Girls Academy.
- $2,500 to New Light Theatre Company to support the New Light Theatre Winter 2022 production.
- $2,500 to Presbyterian Church of the Covenant to support a summer arts camp for children dealing with trauma.
- $16,700 to Make-A-Wish to enable more of Delaware’s critically ill children to receive wishes, which inspire and give hope to the children and their families.
- $17,500 to Preston’s March for Energy to fund adaptive bikes for children with developmental disabilities in need of fun, outdoor movement.
- $8,600 to Forgotten Cats to support adoption preparation for cats/kittens in Sussex County.
- $8,500 to Faithful Friends Animal Society to support the Hope Center, a crisis prevention program that keeps families and pets together.
- $7,100 to Delaware SPCA to support a free feline spay/neuter day.
- $8,500 to Brandywine Valley SPCA to support the cat sanctuary.
- $5,500 to Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research, Inc. to support the care of injured or orphaned baby birds.