Specific Interest Grants
There are a variety of funds at the DCF that provide a structured opportunity for eligible nonprofits whose missions align with specific interest areas to apply for grants. In 2023, these funds awarded a total of $95,670 to 15 nonprofit organizations statewide.
Read about the 2022 Specific Interest Grants.
For more information about the DCF’s grantmaking process, visit delcf.org/grants or contact Yolanda Rushdan at 302.504.5239.
- $2,500 to Grand Opera House to support the Grand’s Sensory-Friendly Family Programming.
- $2,500 to Read Aloud Delaware to support early childhood literacy with music, movement and storytelling.
- $2,500 to YWCA Delaware, Inc. to support art therapy at the Home-Life Management Center.
- $2,500 to First State Ballet Theatre to support the Danceworks! outreach program.
- $2,500 to Native Roots Farm Foundation to support “The Beauty Around Us: Indigenous Knowledge, Native Plants, & Art.”
- $2,500 to Wilmington Renaissance Corporation to support the Art for Wellness program.
- $2,500 to Wilmington’s Children’s Chorus to support Summer of Song 2023.
- $2,500 to Latin American Community Center to support the ArtAddiction art competition.
- $15,000 to Make-A-Wish to enable more of Delaware’s critically ill children to receive wishes, which inspire and give hope to the children and their families.
- $3,000 to Junior Achievement of Delaware, Inc. to support the JA BizTown: Animal Welfare Shelter program.
- $11,569 to Forgotten Cats to support the Sussex County Trap-Neuter-Vaccine-Return (TNVR) Project.
- $11,569 to Faithful Friends Animal Society to support the Hope Center.
- $11,569 to Brandywine SPCA to support the TNVR Program.
- $11,569 to Canine Partners for Life to support team training for future partnerships between service canines and individuals in need.
- $11,569 to Friends of Animals to support a program to meet the needs of Delaware dogs, cats, new pet owners and veterinarian professionals.