Committed to Advancing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
On April 13, 2021, the DCF Board of Directors passed this resolution to reinforce the DCF’s longstanding commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in Delaware:
A Resolution of the Delaware Community Foundation Board of Directors Committing to Fully Integrate and Embody the Values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WHEREAS, the DCF mission statement says that DCF “envisions a Delaware where generosity expands opportunity for all and enhances the common good;”
WHEREAS, the DCF recognizes that there have been, and continue to be, historic barriers, legal and cultural, to the full participation of black and brown Delawareans in the many benefits which Delaware has to offer its citizens, and is committed to measurable, prioritized initiatives to the eliminate those barriers;
WHEREAS, the DCF Board of Directors has identified the significant goal establishing racial equity as a core focus and priority for the DCF;
WHEREAS, the DCF is working to be a leader on building opportunity and addressing racial equity in Delaware;
WHEREAS, the DCF is committed to building a community of staff, board members, advisors, donors, and partners that holds diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values; and
WHEREAS, this commitment strengthens the organization, improves our overall effectiveness, and helps ensure the policies we advance and programs we implement promote an equitable Delaware;
Now, therefore be it resolved that the Delaware Community Foundation Board of Directors hereby commits to fully integrating and embodying the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all the work of the organization.
To pursue the stated objectives, the Board empowers the Equity Committee to hold the organization accountable and to advise the DCF staff as it develops and implements new policies and programs directed to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in Delaware.
The Board authorizes the Committee to commit resources, with Board approval, to achieve these objectives, including the financial authority required.
Further, to drive fundamental change needed urgently in our community, the Delaware Community Foundation commits to pursuing critical initiatives immediately. These include, and are not limited to:
- Build racial equity goals and metrics into all initiatives.
- Incorporate data collection related to DEI into all discretionary grant applications.
- Target more investment in leaders of color and organizations serving communities of color.
- Engage donors in issues related to racial equity.
- Develop fundraising and funding mechanisms for racial equity-related issues.
- Seek key partnerships with others leading racial equity work in the community.
- Expose a larger and more diverse community audience to topics related to racial equity through events and programs.
- Increase diversity of talent and leadership.