About the Howard Pyle Studio Endowment Fund
At the turn of the century, Howard Pyle was one of the most popular illustrators in America. when he opened his school in the Franklin Street studio in 1900, he attracted a group of young, eager-to-learn artists such as NC Wyeth, Harvey Dunn and Frank Schoonover, who thrived under Pyle’s teaching and whose collective talent illuminated the “Golden Age of Illustration.” Over time, Pyle, his many successful students and their descendants became known as the Brandywine School, culminating in the work of the second generation master, Andrew Wyeth.
The Pyle Studio is one of the oldest continually operating art studios in the country. It is owned and maintained by the deeply dedicated members of the Studio Group, Inc.