The Flint Woods Nature Preserve protects over 40 acres of mature Piedmont hardwood forest. The Preserve contains a Golden Saxifrage Forested Seep Community, of which there are fewer than six known to occur in the state. It serves as an anchor, along with Brandywine Creek State Park to the south, for more than 2,000 acres of protected lands (including 1100 acres of Conservation Easements and private Nature Preserves) creating a corridor between Brandywine Creek State Park and open space in Pennsylvania’s portion of the Brandywine Creek watershed. Six first order streams that ultimately flow to Brandywine Creek originate on the Flint Woods Nature Preserve. Two of these flow northward into Pennsylvania.