Cooch’s Bridge Historic District Fund

About the Cooch’s Bridge Historic District Fund

In December 2018, Delaware’s Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs acquired the historic home and surrounding property at the heart of the Cooch’s Bridge Battlefield from the Cooch family. Twenty percent of the sale proceeds were donated by the Cooch family to the Cooch’s Bridge Historic District Fund at the DCF. The fund, established by Edward W. Cooch, Jr., helps support maintenance and preservation efforts.

On Sept. 3, 1777, the British and American armies clashed in the Battle of Cooch’s Bridge, Delaware’s only Revolutionary War Battle. The Cooch family has preserved the 200-acre farm and the battlefield since that time. Now, with the state’s acquisition of the house and surrounding area, the historic site will be preserved and protected, and more can be done to interpret this historic site for the public.

Donate Today

$

Specify Your Gift Amount (above)

Select Payment Method
Personal Info

Credit Card Info
This is a secure SSL encrypted payment.
Billing Details

Donation Total: $500 for 12

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news and updates from us!