The Next Generation (Next Gen) is a philanthropic organization and one of our giving circles dedicated to developing young professionals into effective nonprofit board leaders. Next Gen’s northern and southern chapters engage members in
Find out what’s going on in our chapters:
- Established in 2004, Next Gen North is building an endowed fund at the DCF to generate money for charitable grants for decades to come.
- Next Gen North has awarded more than $325,000 in grants in support of initiatives addressing social challenges faced by the most vulnerable Delawareans.
- Next Gen North is currently focused on supporting programs that utilize the Arts to support and inspire social change and innovation.
- Next Gen North primarily raises money through its annual flagship events, Chips for Charity, as well as individual and corporate giving.
- Next Gen North board members live and work in Delaware and surrounding areas. Monthly board meetings take place on the second Wednesday of every month from 6-7:30 PM in the Delaware Community Service Building, room 109.
Follow Next Gen North on Facebook for updates on events.
To learn more or get involved, please contact Kristen Kuipers.
- Established in 2012, Next Gen South is currently focused on supporting mental health services for children.
- Next Gen South involves young professionals in philanthropic work to benefit Kent and Sussex County.
- Since inception, Next Gen South has awarded $42,500 in grants.
- Next Gen South raises money through several events, including the annual Chowdown for Charity.
Follow NextGen South on Facebook for updates on events.
To learn more or get involved, please contact Rachel Mears.